Thursday, May 30, 2013

Working these Feet Again

After 8 weeks of cast, I am trying to put my feet back onto a regime. I get out in the morning and go walk around the area, in the SMDBs and the back streets. I am pretty happy, it feels very good, and the walking is not bothering my foot at all. I put on my old walking boots, the ones that took me around the Pirenées and the Alpes and the Rockies. These Merrel are still the best boot I have ever had.
Off the boots, barefoot, I still have trouble flexing and pointing my toes, but I am told the cast was on too long. A lovely physiotherapist help them get back to their normal state. And high heels are out for now, limiting my choices of footwear to a handful of pairs. But that said, I now really enjoy the return of my mobility, and these early morning walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment