Sunday, January 20, 2013

The New 30

When one hits the wall of a new decade, a few options are possible: escape alone, celebrate, or get plastic surgery. Since I have kids and a husband I love fondly, escape is not an possibility. Plastic surgery is neither an option for me. Brazil has more strange-looking creatures altered by surgical knifes than anywhere else in the world, and their encounter is a proof it is not a good idea on the long term. (That topic is entirely for another blogpost; in the meantime read this). Therefore, celebration is certainly the best antidote to forget the wrinkles, presbyopia, white hair, and memory loss awaiting me sooner than later.
As I look back at forty years of my life, I can say I am pretty happy of my choices and my path. Of courses there are some slights regrets, people that I miss and regret, and events that were missed. But overall, my path has been rich and happy, at times difficult, but that certainly makes me a stronger bitch lady.  My only wish would be to have more time each day to do all these things I love doing, to have more time with everyone I love.
In that sense, celebrating tonight with friends is a way to ensure I do not spend more time pondering on the past, neither planing ahead my next time years. To be in the present, to be fully living the moment is the best antidote to aging. So my dear darling hired a DJ, invited my best new friends, found someone to cook a delicious paella to feed all, dimmed the lights, and here we go, we had an awesome party! Happy Birthday to me!

Thanks everyone for the great evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment