Friday, September 14, 2012

What Appears Dead Might Reveal Itself Otherwise

In front of our window stand what I thought was a very tall dried-out tree. 
A couple days ago it bloomed incredibly beautiful bright yellow pompon flowers. 
My window looks like a Japanese picture.

The city is sparkled with these beautiful surprises. Was told they are called "ipê" but I have not found anything called like that in my dictionary. I found they would be actually called Paratudo or CraibeiraThese trees bloom during the drought, their flowers come only for a few days, before the leaves. They usually announce the beginning of the rainy season. They would have some medicinal properties, healing fever, inflammations, digestives problems. Check here for a beautiful picture of a full tree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment